Finding a good electric dab rig is easier said than done. There are hundreds of options to choose from, with so many different features that it can make your head spin. Knowing what to look out for when choosing such an electric dab rig is difficult as well.
For newbies, making this choice can be nearly impossible. However, this is exactly what we are here to help you with today. The main goal for today is to help you find the best electric dab rig that your money can buy. We’ll first explain what exactly electric dab rigs are and why you might consider using them. We’ll then take a closer look at the top ten contenders for the best electric dab rig out there.
We hope that by the end of today, you’ll have found at least one electric dab rig that is suitable. In case you don’t know what to look out for when choosing a product like this, no worries because we will provide you with a bit of a buyer’s guide further below as well. Let’s get to it and help you find the best electronic dab rig for your purposes.
- The Dr. Dabber Boost EVO is one of the most highly rated electric dab rigs on the market.
- An electric dab rig is a dab rig that instead of requiring a butane torch to heat up the nail or bucket, uses batteries, heating elements, atomizers, and other such components, like a handheld vaporizer.
- It’s essentially a combination of a dab rig and a vape.
A Quick Look at the Best Electric Dab Rigs
Here’s a quick look at what are currently the top 10 best electric dab rigs on the market.
- Dr. Dabber Boost EVO
- Pulsar Rok Electric Dab Rig
- PuffCo Peak Smart Dab Rig
- XMAX Qomo Micro eRig
- SeshGear Dabtron
- DabTech Elite Pro Vaporizer
- Focus V Carta Laser Edition
- WaxMaid Ares Plus Electric Dab Rig
- XVape Vista Portal eRig
- Ispire Daab eRig
What is an Electric Dab Rig?
An electric dab rig is almost like a combination between a dab rig, a traditional one, and a handheld vaporizer. In terms of the overall shape, these look like regular dab rigs, or in other words, like very small bongs that are designed for dabbing concentrates.
They feature a water chamber and bubbler, a mouthpiece, and a stem with a bucket or nail, which is like the bowl on a regular bong. In this sense, electric dab rigs are much like regular water bongs or traditional dab rigs.
However, in terms of the functionality, it is more like a vaporizer. Instead of requiring a butane torch to heat up a nail or bucket, you don’t need anything except the control panel located on the electric dab rig.
These have batteries that power heating coils or atomizers, which in turn heat up the bucket or nail, on which the concentrate is then vaporized. It’s, therefore, like a much easier and simpler version of a traditional dab rig.back to menu ↑
What Are Electric Dab Rigs Used for?
Electric dab rigs are used for the dabbing or vaporizing of a variety of cannabis and hemp concentrates, including wax, resin, rosin, shatter, and many other types of concentrates too. This could also include hash and budder. Many people like electric dab rigs because they eliminate the need to use a dangerous and imprecise torch to heat up the nail.
When you use a butane torch to heat up a nail or bucket, you never really know how hot it is, and that’s a problem when it comes to dabbing. Dabbing concentrates requires fairly specific temperatures, which you can really only achieve using an electric dab rig. They have built-in thermostats, so once you choose the temperature and turn them on, they do the rest of the work for you.back to menu ↑
How Do You Use An Electric Dab Rig?
To use an electric dab rig, if you have one that comes in multiple pieces, first make sure that it is properly assembled. Next, fill the bubbler or water chamber with water to the indicated level. Now, it is time to turn the unit on, which is generally done by clicking the power button a few times consecutively.
With the dab rig turned on, you can then select the desired temperature, and exactly how to select the temperature differs from one unit to another. With the temperature selected, give it a few seconds to heat up for as long as is indicated by the product in question.
When the unit is hot, you can then place your concentrate of choice onto the nail or into the bucket, and if there is a lid or carb cap, put it on and then inhale through the mouthpiece. As you can see, it really does not get much easier than that.back to menu ↑
Best Electric Dab Rigs
Here we have what are effectively the top 10 best electronic dab rigs out there, so let’s take an in-depth look at each one.
The Dr. Dabber Boost is one of the flagship products from the Dr. Dabber brand, so let’s take a look at what sort of features it brings to the table.
- It features a temperature range of 500 degrees Fahrenheit up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit. There are six preset temperatures to choose from. This is ideal for beginners because there is no guesswork involved when choosing the temperature.
- You should get about 60 to 70 uses out of every full charge. It comes with pass-through charging, so you can use it while you have it plugged in.
- The Boost features a magnetic quartz dish atomizer, which is very high quality. It allows for super smooth vapor, and it’s durable too.
- To help make things even smoother, you also get a glass water attachment along with a diffuser system. This helps to diffuse the vapor to cool it down before it hits your lungs.
- The rig itself, the base, is made mostly out of very high-quality plastic, so it’s both durable and lightweight. The glass components on this unit are also designed to last for a long time.
- The Boost EVO Comes in at roughly 8 inches tall, therefore making it moderately sized. It’s not so small that it’s uncomfortable to use, yet not so large that it is not portable.
- Comes with a nice carrying case
- Looks cool
- Great battery life + pass-through charging
- Durable design
- Allows for smooth vaping
- Easy to use and maintain
- Good temperature range
- Does not have precise temperature controls
Pulsar is well known for creating quality products, and they haven’t failed to do so here. Let’s take a look at what the Rok brings to the table.
- Here you get both a ceramic cup and a quartz cup, which can be used for vaporizing both concentrates and dry herbs, and both use induction heating for even and consistent temperature, as well as flavor preservation.
- Although it may not have a display, this unit features just a single button, which makes it very easy to control.
- Coming in at just 7 inches tall makes it quite small and compact. People who need a dab rig for being on the go should like this.
- The glass chamber is made out of borosilicate glass, and the main body of this dab rig is made out of metal. This effectively makes it one of the more durable units on the list today.
- You can choose from a low, medium, and high heat setting. This is ideal for beginners who don’t know what the proper temperatures for dabbing are, although some might like to see precise temperature controls. There is also a continuous heat mode that lasts for 30 seconds.
- Both the diffused downstem and the disk percolator allows for a much smoother and more enjoyable vaping experience.
- The 1350 mAh battery should be enough to last for around 30 minutes of continuous use.
- Very high-quality materials
- For concentrate and dry herb
- Durable build
- Great battery life
- Lots of diffusion
- Does not have many temperature settings
If you’re looking for a modern and innovative electronic dab rig that has state-of-the-art features, this might just be it.
- The Peak features an intelligent temperature calibration feature. This allows you to choose and maintain the best possible temperature for all of your dabbing needs. No other unit on the list today has such a smart feature for temperature maintenance and control.
- Besides the smart calibration feature, there are four voltage settings that you can choose from. However, we might like to see some precise temperature control. It also only takes about 20 seconds for it to reach full temperature.
- The single-button operation style of this dab rig makes it very easy for beginners to use. You need just a single button to control all of the features.
- The borosilicate vapor path allows for great durability, flavor preservation, and it looks quite nice too. You might also appreciate the silicone base. This silicone base is impact resistant, it helps protect the rest of the unit, and it’s easy to clean.
- Coming in at just 7 inches tall, and not weighing very much, plus having its own carrying case, means that it is extremely portable and ideal for people who are on the go.
- Strong and rugged build
- Looks unique
- Smart temperature calibration
- Silicone base
- Comes with a carrying case
- Easy to operate
- Relatively long charging time
If you need a dab rig designed for portability, then this unit from XMAX is it.
- This electric dab rig is just five inches tall, therefore effectively making it the smallest and lightest dab rig on the list. It is ideal for people who are always on the go.
- Although it is lightweight, it is also extremely durable. The outside is made out of high-quality resin plastic, with the interior being made out of metal and ceramic and all of the glass being borosilicate glass.
- Speaking of the glass, this dab rig comes with a bubbler that helps to diffuse the vapor and make it smoother for you to inhale. You might also appreciate the ceramic cup atomizer, which allows for great flavor preservation.
- This dab rig has just a single button, and that’s all you need to control it. You can control the temperature, turn it on, take your hit, and more.
- The temperature range is 536 degrees to 662 degrees Fahrenheit, along with three temperature settings to select from. It’s not the biggest temperature range in the world, and it doesn’t have the most temperatures to choose from, but it should be fine for average use.
- You also get a 1350 mAh battery, which means that it should last for roughly an hour, give or take, before you need to charge it.
- Super lightweight, compact, and portable
- Very easy to use
- Durable build
- Great battery life
- Great for beginners
- Not many temperature settings to choose from
No, the Dabtron is not one of Optimus Prime’s other Autobots, but it certainly is a fantastic e-rig for dabbing worth checking out.
- Everything made out of glass here is made out of borosilicate or scientific glass, which is heat resistant, impact resistant, and durable overall.
- Here, you also get a quartz heating element that does not have a coil. Not having a coil not only makes it more durable but also much faster and more precise when it comes to heating. This also allows for the preservation of the integrity and flavor of any concentrate being vaporized.
- Coming in at just seven inches tall makes it quite compact. It’s also fairly lightweight. It’s ideal for people who need something portable. You might also appreciate that it comes with its own carrying case, which not only increases portability but also adds some protection to the equation.
- This unit comes with four different settings to choose from, ranging from 2.5 volts up to 3.5 volts. 2.5 is ideal for people who want something smooth, whereas 3.5 is better for people who want big hits and big clouds. It also takes just about 20 seconds to get up to temperature.
- This electronic dab rig also features a 2000 mAh battery, which should last for anywhere between one and two hours, depending on the usage. It only takes around 2 hours to charge, although it does not have pass-through charging.
- Battery has high performance
- No coil in the heating element
- Fast and even heating
- Durable build
- Compact nature
- Ideal for beginners
- Could do with more precise temperature controls
If you are looking for a dab rig that features a super wide temperature range, then this one from DabTech might just be the right one for you.
- This electronic dab rig features a temperature range of 200 degrees to 900 degrees Fahrenheit. This effectively makes it the dab rig with the widest temperature range on our list today. It even comes with precise temperature controls. In terms of choosing your temperature, this is by far the best dab rig that you can go with.
- Let’s not forget that it only takes a minute for it to heat up.
- Coming in at 9 inches tall makes it large enough to use comfortably, yet it’s not so large that you can’t transport it easily. It also has an ergonomic shape that makes it easy to hold.
- It may be portable, but it’s also durable, and that is thanks to the aluminum base and the borosilicate glass chamber. These materials are both very strong, so you shouldn’t have to worry about this dab rig breaking anytime soon.
- You may also appreciate the triple nail set it comes with, including quartz, titanium, and ceramic nail, each of which is ideal for a slightly different purpose.
- Here you also get a removal 18650 battery, which is pretty decent. It should last for about 30 dabbing sessions before it needs to be recharged, although it does not appear to have pass-through charging.
- Looks great
- Is easy to use
- Many nails included
- Huge temperature range
- Precise temperature controls
- Comfortable yet portable
- Rugged construction
- Does not have pass-through charging
Focus V is one of the most highly trusted brand names in the vaporizing and dabbing world, and they haven’t failed to produce a high-quality product here. Let’s take a closer look at it.
- Here you can choose from four temperature settings, which range from 600 degrees Fahrenheit up to 940 degrees Fahrenheit. All things considered, this is pretty good, especially for beginners.
- This unit comes with a 18350 battery, which is pretty decent. It should last anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes of continuous usage, depending on the set temperature. It even features pass-through charging to help increase its overall functionality. Thanks to this battery, it should be able to achieve the set temperature in just a few seconds.
- The really impressive feature here is that this dab rig can connect to your smartphone using Bluetooth functionality. Using the integrated application, you can then keep track of all of the main parameters and settings chosen. You can even choose more precise temperature settings than on the unit itself.
- You may also like how this is a direct draw dab rig because it’s super easy to use. It also features both a titanium atomizer that is good for higher temperatures and a quartz atomizer that works best at lower temperatures.
- This electronic dab rig is made mostly out of silicone, and it’s available in many different colors. This silicone feels good in your hand, it’s easy to hold, it’s lightweight, easy to clean, and durable too.
- Speaking of durability, the borosilicate glass used on this unit is also about as durable as it gets.
- Precise temperature controls
- Vapor is very high-quality
- Bluetooth + app for control
- Good battery life + pass-through charging
- Portable build
- Rugged design
- Two atomizers
- Not very budget friendly
If you’re just looking for a convenient and simple electronic dab rig, the Ares Plus might be right for you.
- The body of this electric dab rig is very durable, as it is made out of a zinc alloy. The body is actually made out of all metal, which we really appreciate because it effectively makes it one of the strongest units on our list.
- You also get a diffuser and a bubble chamber which are both made with borosilicate or scientific glass, therefore also making these components very durable.
- You might also appreciate the silicone mouthpiece, which is removable, making it ideal for easy cleaning. This silicone mouthpiece is also quite comfortable, not to mention durable.
- This is a unique unit because of the temperature settings, of which there are three. The first temperature setting ranges from 450 to 550 degrees Fahrenheit, the second setting ranges from 550 to 650 degrees Fahrenheit, and the third setting ranges from 650 degrees to 750 degrees Fahrenheit. This should be fine for beginners, although some people might like to see more precise control.
- The battery life here is pretty good, as a single charge should last for roughly 60 dabbing sessions.
- Coming in at just 6.5 inches tall makes it quite compact, not to mention that it’s lightweight as well. It features a detachable design so you can take it apart and put the various components inside of its carrying case, therefore making it portable and ideal for people who are on the go. This carrying case also adds a certain amount of protection while the dab rig is not being used.
- High-quality materials
- Very durable build
- Easy to operate
- Wide temperature range
- Decent battery life
- Lack of precision with temperature controls
Here we have an electric dab rig that features a wide array of easy-to-choose preset temperatures, therefore making it ideal for beginners. Let’s take a look at what else this dab rig brings to the table.
- Coming in at just 6 inches tall, and weighing just a few ounces, means that it’s both lightweight and compact. It even comes with its own carrying case, therefore making it very portable.
- Something else that helps with portability and use on the go is that this dab rig comes with a 2000 mAh battery. That’s pretty big, and with moderate use, it should last for about an hour or even longer.
- You might also appreciate how the quartz atomizer here gets up to its temperature very quickly. It takes just about 6 seconds. There are also a variety of settings to choose from, between 536 degrees Fahrenheit and 752 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature controls aren’t precise, but there are quite a few settings to choose from.
- The Vista Portal also features a lightweight, impact-resistant, and scratch-resistant aluminum base combined with borosilicate glass accents. Overall, this unit is quite durable.
- On the inside of the glass chamber, there is a really cool percolator that diffuses the vapor to make it much smoother to inhale.
- You also get a detachable mouthpiece, which is easy to clean.
- Very smooth
- Good temperature range
- Looks cool
- Rugged build
- Fast heating
- Good battery life
- Lightweight and ideal for being on the go
- Temperature controls are not very precise
Last but certainly not least, we have what is one of the most popular electronic dab rigs out there, the Ispire Daab.
- The Daab Features an impressive temperature range between 250 degrees and 850 degrees Fahrenheit, and yes, you can choose precise temperatures. This is ideal if you know exactly what temperature you need. Even better is that it only takes around 30 seconds for it to heat up.
- The battery life here is not bad either because a full charge allows you to vape or dab for around one hour. It even has pass-through charging, so you can use it while it is plugged in.
- The fact that this dab rig uses induction heating is a big bonus as well because it’s consistent, even, and fast. It also helps preserve the integrity and flavor of the concentrated being dabbed.
- The outside of this unit is made out of very strong plastic, with the glass parts being made out of borosilicate glass.
- It comes in at 10 inches tall, therefore making it fairly sizable. It fits comfortably in your hand and is easy to use. However, we think that it is still small enough to be considered portable.
- Durable build
- Efficient design
- Has good battery life + pass-through functionality
- Precision control for temperature + wide temperature range
- Easy to maintain
- Looks really nice
- Not the best for people looking for thick clouds
Are Electric Dab Rigs Worth It?
We personally think that electric dab rigs are worth it. They provide you with the awesome feel of using a dab rig with the simple functionality of a vaporizer. They might be relatively expensive, but the experience they provide users with when dabbing any type of concentrate is usually the best in the world, especially when compared to regular old-school dab rigs and handheld vaporizers. Simply put, you get what you pay for, and what you get with an electric dab rig is an extremely enjoyable dabbing experience.back to menu ↑
How We Chose Our List of the Best Electric Dab Rigs
Before we call it a day, let’s just provide you with some of the most important points we keep in mind when choosing an electric dab rig.
Even if you don’t want one of the models we listed here today, with these points kept in mind, you can be sure that you’re choosing the right one for you.
Size and Design
One thing to consider here is the overall design and size of the dab rig in question. Generally, we would stick with something over 5 inches tall but under 10 inches tall. The dab rig should be large enough to be comfortable to use without having to squeeze yourself together but also small enough so that you can take it with you on the go.
Materials and Build Quality
If you are going to spend potentially hundreds of dollars on an electric dab rig, you need to get one that is built to last. Generally speaking, this means getting one that has a body made out of high-quality plastic, metal, or even silicone. If there is any glass on the unit, it should always be borosilicate glass, which is otherwise known as scientific glass, an extremely impacted heat-resistant material. You might want to read some third-party reviews just to see how durable the unit in question really is.
One of the most important considerations when purchasing an electric dab rig is what the battery life is like. You can expect these dab rigs to last anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes of continuous use. The bigger the battery, the longer the usage time before it needs to be charged, and of course, the higher the price.
Personally, we recommend going for something a little more expensive that has a larger battery because you don’t want to keep having to recharge it. On that note, going for a unit that has pass-through charging, which means that you can still use it while it is charging, is ideal. This greatly increases the overall functionality of any electric fabric.
You also want to go for a dab rig that features a variety of temperatures to choose from. Some models come with preset temperatures that you can easily select, and these are ideal for newbies who don’t know what temperatures are best.
There are then those that allow for precision temperature control, which is ideal for people who know what they are doing. Also, pay attention to the temperature range, which may be anywhere between 200 degrees and 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
There are also many other features to look out for here. For instance, many electric dab rigs come with various bubblers and percolators, as well as diffusers, to help vapor a bit smoother. There are also those that come with LED lights to make them look more attractive, ones that feature detachable designs for easy cleaning, and so on and so forth. As you can see from above, a select few even feature Bluetooth functionality so you can control them with your smartphone. Of course, these are all features you end up paying for.back to menu ↑
There you have it, folks, you should now know everything there is to know about choosing the best electric dab rig for you. We hope that at least one of the 10 dab rigs will be reviewed today is ideal for you. Now that you know how to choose a dab rig and what the best ones out there are, you can make your own decision.