If you are looking to broaden your horizons and venture away from regular cannabis flowers with Delta-9 THC, you might want to check out THC-O flower. THC-O is a relatively newfound cannabinoid that is shown to have a variety of psychoactive intoxicating effects. Furthermore, THC-O flower may also have a variety of potential medical benefits for you to reap.
That said, because this is a relatively new cannabinoid, there isn’t all that much research that has been done on it. Most of the potential medical benefits have not yet been confirmed. Furthermore, in terms of the effect it has on the human mind and body when smoked, these are also mainly anecdotal in nature. However, first-hand accounts are often fairly reliable.
Therefore, today we are going to share all of the information we have available about THC-O as a cannabinoid, including what its potential benefits are, how it makes you feel, and its pros and cons. Once we know the basics, we’ll move on and take a look at the top five best types of THC-O flower on the market about this time. Let’s help you find the best THC-O flower for your needs.
- THC-O may be up to three times as potent as Delta-9 THC.
- THC-O may have anxiety-relieving, pain-relieving, and appetite-stimulating benefits.
- THC-O produces an extremely strong cerebral and body high.
A Quick Look at the Best THC-O Flower
Here’s a quick look at the top five best THC-O flower options on the market right now.
- ELYXR Kandy Kush THC-O Flower: Best THC-O Flower – Editor’s Choice
- Unicorn Trapper Special THC-O Flower: Best Bulk THC-O Flower
- ELYXR Lava Cake Indica THC-O Indica Flower: Best Indica THC-O Flower
- ELYXR God Lemon THC-O Flower: Best Sativa THC-O Flower
- ELYXR Black Cherry Punch THC-O Flower: Best Hybrid THC-O Flower
Potential Benefits of THC-O Flower
Although there is still more research required on this front, there are a variety of potential benefits that THC-O may have for the human mind and body.
- THC-O may have analgesic effects. In other words, it may act as a painkiller by blocking pain signals from getting to your brain from your nerves. It may assist in relieving a variety of painful conditions.
- THC-O may also act as a mood regulator. It may have an effect on serotonin, dopamine, and other hormone levels in your brain. This may help to relieve anxious and depressive thoughts while increasing overall happiness. It can make you feel better mentally.
- THC-O is also thought to act as a potential anti-nausea agent and appetite stimulant. It can help reduce nausea and make you feel hungry.
- THC-O flower may also be able to help you get a good night’s sleep by calming you down.
How Does Smoking THC-O Flower Make You Feel?
Once again, there is more research required on this front, but there is a whole lot of anecdotal evidence. One thing to consider here is that THC-O is thought to be roughly three times as potent as Delta-9 THC.
This means that you should be extremely intoxicating and psychoactive in nature. Although uncommon, there have been extremely rare cases where people report auditory and very mild visual hallucinations when taking extremely high doses of THC-O.
However, this really only happens when people take extreme doses. If you take moderate or even regularly large doses of THC-O, it should not have this type of extreme psychoactive effect. That said, this cannabinoid does generally produce an extremely strong and intense cerebral head high.
Here, you should notice feelings of creativity, elation, euphoria, and you might also feel talkative and giggly. One of the main effects that many people report after consuming fairly high quantities of THC-O is getting consumed in your own thoughts. People tend to really look inwards, become very thoughtful, creative, and may get consumed with single or simple tasks.
This extreme head high is a common characteristic of THC-O. However, THC-O does also produce a very strong body high. Many people report feeling extreme body relaxation, heaviness, tingling of the limbs, pain relief, and more. The bottom line here is that THC-O produces a very intense and strong body high and cerebral high.back to menu ↑
Pros & Cons of THC-O
THC-O as a cannabinoid has both advantages and disadvantages, so let’s take a quick look.
- As mentioned above, THC-O may have a variety of potential health benefits, including pain relief, stress relief, acting as a sleep aid, and stimulating appetite.
- Because THC-O is so much more potent than regular Delta-9 THC, it takes a lot less of it to produce the same or equivalent psychoactive effects. It can therefore be fairly cost-effective.
- Many people enjoy the extremely potent cerebral head high and body high that this cannabinoid produces.
- THC-O as a cannabinoid should be 100% legal and safe.
- One potential drawback of THC-O is that because it is so potent, it may produce sensations of paranoia and anxiety in some people, especially if large quantities are consumed.
- Large quantities of THC-O, when smoked in flower format, may at times produce headaches, red eyes, dry mouth, and slight gastrointestinal upset.
- This is one of the longer-lasting cannabinoids, so once you consume it, you will be high for a very long time.
Best THC-O Flower
Now that you know the basics about THC-O flower, let’s take a closer look at the top five best THC-O flower options that your money can buy.
1. ELYXR Kandy Kush THC-O Flower: Best THC-O Flower – Editor’s Choice
Here we have Kandy Kush, which might be considered one of the very best types of THC-O flower out there. Keep in mind that this is an indica strain, so it’s going to produce more of that body high than the head high, although it contains a lot of THC-O, so it will produce both effects.
These are some of the strongest THC-O flowers on the list today. Many people like the sweet candy-like flavor of this strain. Yes, it is totally compliant with the 2018 Farm Bill. This is a great one as far as pain relief is concerned.
If you’re looking for a THC-O flower that leans a little higher towards the sativa side or even a hybrid strain, ELYXR LA also has this same strain in five other variants. Some of those will make an appearance on this list later as well.
2. Unicorn Trapper Special THC-O Flower: Best Bulk THC-O Flower
If you are looking for a cost-effective purchase, Smoke Unicorn’s Unicorn Trapper is a great buy. Here you get a full pound for just $150 (true at the time of writing). Yes, that is right, a full pound for just $150. That kind of price is totally unheard of, and if you find a deal like this, you’d be wise to take it.
We do know that it is full of THC-O cannabinoids, so it’s definitely going to get you high. Unfortunately, there is barely any information available about this strain, so we can’t exactly give you exact THC-O quantities.
3. ELYXR Lava Cake Indica THC-O Indica Flower: Best Indica THC-O Flower
Here we have another nice indica strain with high levels of THC-O. It’s definitely going to relax your body and your mind.
Many people enjoy this strain due to the sweet and fruity flavor it has, combined with hints of chocolate and cocoa. If you need something to help relieve some stress and anxiety, and to help you get a good night’s sleep, this is probably it.
4. ELYXR God Lemon THC-O Flower: Best Sativa THC-O Flower
On the other hand, here we have a sativa strain that contains high levels of THC-O. Because this is a sativa, it’s going to hit your head more than it hits your body. You’re going to feel that classic extremely euphoric sensation caused by THC-O sativa strains.
It will also hit your body, but not nearly as hard. Many people also enjoy the citrusy and lemony flavor that this strain features. It’s infused with more than enough THC-O, so you’re definitely going to feel it.
5. ELYXR Black Cherry Punch THC-O Flower: Best Hybrid THC-O Flower
If you are looking for a hybrid strain that is going to provide you with the best of both worlds, both effects from the indica and sativa side of things, then this black cherry punch THC-O flower might be right for you. Many people also enjoy that sweet, citrusy, and berry-like flavor that it features.back to menu ↑
How We Made Our Top Choices for the Best THC-O Flower
Let’s explain exactly how we made our top choices for the best THC-O flower. As you are about to see, there are some parameters that we always try to stick within.
We always want to know what the brand name behind any product is. We also want to know that the brand name in question is reputable and transparent. We need to know that they engage in ethical practices that do not harm the environment or the people.
Related to these products. We also need to know that these brands engage in third-party product testing to ensure that all of their products are 100% legal, as set out by the 2018 Farm Bill.
We also want to know that any products from a brand name don’t contain any harmful ingredients, such as pesticides. Simply put, we want to know that the people we are buying our products from are honest, ethical, and trustworthy.
Of course, we always look at the products very closely too. We want to know if the THC-O flower in question is 2018 Farm Bill compliant.
We also want to know whether it is an indica or sativa. Of course, both indica and sativa strains are just fine, but we want to know which ones we are picking.
Yes, we do also take a closer look at the flavor profile, because some people like earthy strains, some people like them sweet, and so on and so forth.back to menu ↑
THC-O Flower: Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s quickly go over some of the most frequently asked questions about THC-O flower.
What is THC-O Flower?
THC-O flower is usually hemp flower that has been infused with the THC-O cannabinoid. There are most strains out there where THC-O is present in such high quantities that those strains in themselves would qualify as THC-O flowers.
Does THC-O Flower Get You High?
Yes, THC-O flower does get you high. Remember, it’s about three times as potent as regular Delta-9 THC.
Is THC-O Flower Legal?
According to the 2018 Farm Bill, cannabinoids that are derived from the hemp plant and do not contain more than 0.3% Delta-9 THC are legal. Therefore, as long as all THC-O products fall within these confines, THC-O is totally legal.
Is THC-O Flower Safe?
There are, at this time, no indications that THC-O flower is in any way unsafe. Of course, smoking anything isn’t overly good for your lungs, but other than that, there do not appear to be any serious or life-threatening side effects.back to menu ↑
Conclusions & Final Thoughts
The bottom line here is that THC-O is a very potent cannabinoid that produces extremely strong psychoactive effects. It hits both your mind and your body, and it lasts for quite some time too.
If you are feeling adventurous and you want to take things to the next level, THC-O flower is certainly worth checking out.